This is a basic syrup that can be used to make drinks, granitas, baked goods, etc. I like to pour a little in a glass and add club soda and ice! I found this in Southern Living magazine..
My Private Note
- 1Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil, stirring often, about 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2Remove from heat and add basil. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3Pour into a glass jar, cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- 4Remove basil and discard. Enjoy!
- 5Note: To make mint syrup, use mint in place of basil.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 201.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 199.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g