- 1 cup basil, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 large pasta shells
- 2 cups tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the beaten eggs with the ricotta, parmesan and basil.
- Add seasonings and adjust to taste.
- Cook large pasta shells in 6 quarts boiling water till just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Stuff each shell with about 3 tbsp of filling and place in a casserole dish.
- Top with tomato sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for about 25 minutes.