Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great fresh veggie stir fry with lots of flexibility, and lightly flavored without heavy sauce. I have written in the ingredients I used and added "or" ingredients per the original recipe. Feel free to use what you have on hand, this recipe seems to handle substitutions really well. Modified from RecipeKey.com based on my pantry contents! Great tool, wish RecipeZaar had one. Had to copy this here so I can have it accessible.
- 1 cup dry brown rice or 1 cup couscous, cooked according to package
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (8floz) or 1 tablespoon corn oil (8floz)
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground chicken or 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli or 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups chard leaves or 2 cups fresh spinach
- Cook Rice or Couscous according to package directions (can cook at the same time as the rest of the directions).
- Add oil to wok or heavy skillet; over high heat, quickly brown meat; add broccoli, carrots and onion.
- Continue stirring until vegetables are slightly cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add basil, mustard, and vinegar and mix thoroughly (I like to mix these together in a small bowl first).
- Reduce heat to low, toss chard on top, cover and allow to steam 3 or 4 minutes.
- Serve over rice or mix everything together and serve.