Recipe by PaulaG
This delightful salad is easy to prepare and a wonderful and light addition to any meal.
Top Review by Cook4_6
I am rating the dressing, not the salad as a whole. Delicious, but I found I needed 1/2 cup of olive oil, instead of the 1/4 it called for when using on a lettuce, pepper, tomato and feta salad. Nice southwestern flair!
- 198.44-226.79 g of fresh Baby Spinach
- 236.59 ml loosely packed chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 medium avocado
- 6 medium fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 78.07 ml feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lime
- 28.39 ml red wine vinegar
- 28.39 ml rice vinegar
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Hard boil eggs, peel and set aside.
- Wash spinach, removing tough ends, and tear into bite size pieces and place in large salad bowl.
- Add chiffonade of basil to spinach.
- Wash the mushrooms and slice thin, add to salad bowl.
- Wash tomato, dice; adding to salad bowl.
- Peel, pit and slice avocado, lengthwise, place in salad bowl along with feta cheese.
- Remove about 1 teaspoon of lime zest, cut lime in half and juice.
- In a blender jar, combine the lime zest and juice with remaining ingredients for the vinaigrette, pulse until thoroughly blended, pour over salad ingredients tossing to coat.
- Divide salad mixture into 4 equal portions and place on chilled salad plates.
- Thinly slice egg and garnish each salad with egg slices.
- Add a few grinds of fresh black pepper and serve.