1/3 Photos of Basil Spinach Salad With Lime Vinaigrette
This delightful salad is easy to prepare and a wonderful and light addition to any meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -8 ounces of fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup loosely packed chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 medium avocado
- 6 medium fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Hard boil eggs, peel and set aside.
- 2Wash spinach, removing tough ends, and tear into bite size pieces and place in large salad bowl.
- 3Add chiffonade of basil to spinach.
- 4Wash the mushrooms and slice thin, add to salad bowl.
- 5Wash tomato, dice; adding to salad bowl.
- 6Peel, pit and slice avocado, lengthwise, place in salad bowl along with feta cheese.
- 7Remove about 1 teaspoon of lime zest, cut lime in half and juice.
- 8In a blender jar, combine the lime zest and juice with remaining ingredients for the vinaigrette, pulse until thoroughly blended, pour over salad ingredients tossing to coat.
- 9Divide salad mixture into 4 equal portions and place on chilled salad plates.
- 10Thinly slice egg and garnish each salad with egg slices.
- 11Add a few grinds of fresh black pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Spinach Salad With Lime Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.0
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.1 mg
- Sodium 330.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g