Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband hates salads made with lettuce but loves spinach salad so I try different combinations using that particular green. Using prewashed spinach, this salad comes together in a very short time. If you don't have fresh basil, stir 1/2 teaspoon dried basil into the dressing.
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Combine the spinach, basil, onion and orange in a large salad bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, brown sugar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing and serve.
This was a very interesting salad. Could have used a bit more salt for my palat. Also I used grapefruit instead of the orange which turned out very nice.