I haven't made this recipe yet, but I want to store it here so that I can find it again when needed. The soufflé stuffed tomatoes can be served as a first course for a dinner party or as a meal together with a simple salad (great for people on low carb diets) or/and some rice or pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice off a lid of the tomatoes. Hollow the tomatoes out and season them with salt and pepper. Put tomatoes and tomato lids on a tray lined with baking paper.
- 2Purée basil together with the curd, cornstarch, cheese and egg yolks. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 3Whisk egg whites with the salt until (nearly) stiff. Fold carefully into curd mixture. Fill into tomatoes.
- 4BAKE: ca. 30 minutes on lowest rack at 180C / 355°F DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN BEFORE THE 30 MINUTES ARE UP.
- 5Serve with with salad and/or pasta (or rice).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Soufflé in Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 828.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 14.1 g