Recipe by Satyne
I wanted to use up our massive amount of Greek Basil and this seemed like a delicious way to do so. Cook times are estimated
- 8 whole quail
- 4 cups greek basil, approx 1/2 cup per bird, washed
- 1 lemon
- olive oil, as required
- 120 g feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the lemon into quarters, then on each quarter, cut in half crosswise.
- Take a little of the basil and push into the cavity of the quail, then add the lemon, then add more basil until full, repeat for all birds.
- Place any remaining basil into the baking dish and place birds on top.
- Rub the tops of the birds with olive oil.
- Sprinkle or grind salt over the birds.
- Roast at 180 degrees celcius for approx 20 minutes.
- Check for doneness.
- If nearly done, grill for approx 10 minutes, until golden.
- Crumble the feta over the top, as much or as little as you like.