Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is fairly easy, elegant, and avoids foods for those who are gluten intolerant or suffer from migraines triggered by foods.
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta (fettuccine or spaghetti recommended)
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth (without tomato, onion and soy)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cook pasta acording to package directions.
- Combine olive oil, Dijon mustard, basil & salt. Set aside.
- Chop green onions and basil.
- Cook scallops in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove scallops from pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Add broth, green onions, and cornstarch to skillet. Cook, stirring often, until it begins to thicken.
- Add olive oil mixture. Cook 15 seconds.
- Add scallops and any juice. Stir and cook until coated and hot.
- Serve scallops and sauce over pasta.
- Sprinkle on fresh parsley, if desired.
Delicious! I used fresh gulf shrimp instead of scallops and garlic instead of green onion, cause that's what I had available. It turned out great. Thank you.
These are fantastic! I've never tried scallops that were anywhere similar. Now I wonder why...full of flavor, easy to make. Terrific. Thanks for sharing!