Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was printed in the Sunset Magazine. In addition to the prep and cook time there is a 2-8 hour refrigeration time to chill the salad. I have never made this, but 1/2 cup each olive oil and salad oil seems to much.
- 8 ounces twisted egg noodles
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb scallops, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- salt and pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and let drain.
- Pour 1/4 inch water in a 12 inch frying pan.
- Bring water to a boil; add broccoli flowerets, cover, and cook until tender crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain& immerse in ice water to cool; drain and set aside.
- Add another 1/4 inch of water to pan, bring to a boil, then add scallops; cover and cook until opaque.
- Drain& add to the broccoli.
- Stir together the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salad oil, mustard, sugar, garlic, and basil.
- Gently mix the noodles, broccoli, scallops, and dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.