Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple salsa without the dreaded weed, Cilantro. Raw onions are a migraine trigger for me so I "sweat" the onions to convert to a product I can enjoy (what makes you cry gives me a heck of a headache). I've also roasted the tomatoes with the peppers and garlic for a different flavor. The addition of ripe mango can make a very refreshing version of this recipe. I have also pureed the peels and added them in for the extra nutritional kick.
- 10 large roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped purple onions
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and chill several hours in the refrigerator.