Recipe by s'kat
There is nothing to match the summery flavour of fresh basil! altered from the flavored oils cookbook
- 1⁄2 cup basil olive oil (purchased, or use Basil Oil)
- 1 teaspoon basil olive oil (purchased, or use Basil Oil)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tapenade (black olive paste)
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 teaspoon basil oil in small pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook slowly until transparent, about 2 minutes.
- Add roasted peppers and stir.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add remaining basil oil and tapenade and mix well again.
- Add salt and pepper as desired, remove from heat, and let rest for a couple of minutes before adding to salad or pasta.