Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
For some reason, the smell of fresh basil reminds me of springtime. This simple recipes uses the herb to its full advantage. You can add other vegetables to your liking or even add tofu as I sometimes do. For WW Core folks, it's Core plus points for the cheese. If you want all core, try making a very stiff yogurt cheese instead.
- 29.58 ml minced fresh basil
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 226.79 g package mushrooms
- 709.77 ml hot cooked couscous
- 85.04 g packagebasil-flavored chevre cheese, crumbled (goat cheese)
- 0.59 ml pepper
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms; toss well to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon roasted vegetables over couscous, and top with cheese. Sprinkle with pepper. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
This was a great vegetarian dinner! Easy to do and was ready in just under an hour - the balsamic & basil work so well with the goat cheese and fresh ground peppers, and the flavorful veggies pull the whole thing together! I couldn't find the basil-flavored goat cheese, but the plain worked just fine. We omitted the couscous since we were looking for a lighter dinner tonight and just ate the veggies - loved it! Made for Newest Zaar tag.