Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
From Australian Good Taste magazine. This looks like a good idea for a really light & lovely Sunday lunch with friends.
- 100 g walnut pieces
- 600 g low-fat ricotta
- 1⁄2 bunch basil, washed, dried, leaves picked & shredded
- 3 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced (shallots)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- plain flour, to dust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Tomato Cucumber and Radish Salad
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 12 wedges each
- 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Spread the walnuts on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad: combine the tomatoes, cucumber and radishes in a medium serving bowl.
- Combine the oil and vinegar in a small bowl & drizzle over the salad and toss to combine, then cover and set aside.
- Finely chop the walnuts and place in a large bowl. Add the ricotta, basil and green shallots, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Divide the ricotta mixture evenly into 8 portions and use wetted hands to shape each portion into round 8cm patties, then dust each side of the ricotta patties lightly with flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add half the patties, and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining patties. Serve immediately with the tomato, cucumber & radish salad.