- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 4 pieces roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted green olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top half off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the top and the bottom.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon peel and 2 TBSP oil. Spread over the cut side of bread top. Drizzle remaining oil inside bread bottom; layer with cheese, red pepper, basil and olives.
- Replace bread top. Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350'°F for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice before serving.