Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was a featured recipe in our local newspaper today. Looks yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- pita bread, amount depends on how thickly you spread the butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix garlic and basil into the butter.
- Separate tops from bottoms on pita bread.
- Spread herb butter on pita halves.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley.
- Cut into triangles.
- Place on baking sheet butter side up.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place on paper towels to cool.
Wonderful recipe. I halved the butter and replaced with EVOO. I used jarred minced garlic, and sprinkled the chips with sea salt before baking. Will be made often! Thanks for sharing Not-2-Sweet
Just flat out delicious! I didn't have any parsley, so I didn't use any. I served this with a bruschetta topping/ salsa. Thanks for the post!