Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Great with soup.
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast pine nuts in pie pan, in oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Beat together butter, Parmesan, basil, lemon zest, eggs and milk.
- Mix in flour and baking powder. Add pine nuts.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Shape dough in a 15 inch long, 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Place on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 325°F.
- Remove dough from sheet and cut into 1/2 inch wide slices. Place slices cut side down on lined baking sheet and bake 40-50 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight container.
I can't believe that these have only been reviewed once before. What a fantastic recipe! these savory biscotti are simply wonderful. They were a terrific partner for my soup but would be great with so many things (think spaghetti in place of all that high fat garlic bread!) or all alone. My only adjustment was to a heart healthy margarine in place of butter and skim milk. This is a true keeper!
I loved the combination of flavors in this biscotti I did increase the butter to 1/2 cup, thanks Mikekey!...Kitten :)