Recipe by Shuzbud
Potatoes and pesto go so well together that I came up with a new way to mix them. Twice baked potatoes are so convenient as they don't require any last-minute fuss! They are also easy to reheat from the fridge if you make a large batch. If you can't find mascarpone cheese, I'm sure cream cheese would work just fine although it wouldn't give quite the same flavour.
- 1 lb potato, suitable for baking (about 4 potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for about an hour, until the skins are firm and the centres are soft.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven. Halve them lengthways and scoop out the majority of the flesh with a spoon. Be very careful not to tear the skin- leave a quarter inch of flesh still in the skin to provide a firm shell.
- Lightly mash with a fork the flesh that has been removed from the skins. Mix in the mascarpone cheese and basil pesto sauce and season with salt and pepper if desired. Stir well to mix.
- Add the grated mozzarella and pine nuts and stir to mix.
- Scoop the filling back into the potatoes, smoothing the tops.
- Place on a foil-covered baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, until the filling is hot.
- Serve hot!