Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used Bonnie Traynor's Basil Pesto Basil Pesto in this and it was absolutely excellent. This is a quick and zesty snack that I really enjoy.
- Cut french bread across the loaf or at a small angle, making your pieces and inch thick or even thicker.
- With a brush, lightly paint one side and the slice edges with olive oil.
- Spread a thin layer of Bonnie's Pesto on the slices. (or thick if you like).
- Arrange slices of tomato in the top of the slice to cover.
- Lightly salt and pepper.
- Either broil or use a toaster oven to quickly toast the tomato slices. The tomato will not be "cooked" but simply heated up a little.
- When they are almost done, remove and sprinkle to cover with the two cheeses mixed together. Return to toaster until cheese is melted.
- This is an excellent appetizer or side dish with anything italian.
How fresh, and tasty. I loved all of the flavors which complimented each other. I thought the feta cheese was delightful. A light supper of this brushetta type recipe, paired with a nice white wine, made a lovely meal. Thanks for sharing this recipe.