Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick to prepare tomato sauce flavored with pesto that is very versatile
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 onion (medium ,chopped)
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes (canned or undrained)
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto (prepared)
- 1 lb hot cooked pasta, chicken (optional) or 1 lb fish (optional)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes, or untilslightly thickened. Stir in pesto just before serving.
- Serve with 1lb dry pasta, cooked according to package directions. May also be served over chicken breast or fish.
This sauce was very good with noodles, but the family really didn't like it on the fish we had with it. So I gave it 4 stars.