Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the good folks at Hunt's - a quick-to-make tomato sauce flavored with basil pesto. Serve over your favorite hot pasta for an easy side dish.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto (ready made or your favorite recipe)
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat, add onion; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and juice and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in pesto and heat through.
- Serve over hot pasta.
Very Very good! Family loved it perfect blend of all the good stuff!
I enjoyed this very easy recipe using Pesto and I had some leftover meat sauce in place of the canned tomatoes, Served over bucatini (long tubular pasta), which was fun to eat! Thanks for the good Eats!