Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Another staple in the Italian household, this comes together in about 10 minutes (thanks to the invention of the food processor). It is especially nice to make in the summer when there is an abundance of fresh basil from the garden. Makes enough for one pound of pasta.
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves, washed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garlic, pine nuts, basil, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. While the machine is running, drizzle the oil through the feed tube, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan. Spoon over cooked pasta.