Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lighter version of the clasic pesto. This recipe is great for all the beautiful, fresh basil available in the summer
- Add nuts and garlic to blender and pulse until minced.
- Add olive oil, pulse a few time more.
- Add basil leaves, cheese, salt and blend until smooth.
- Scrape sides of blender as you go to make sure everthing mixes well.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Great pesto. I have a bit of a basil glut at present and DH is a bit sick of basil. However although he groaned and protested wildly when he saw the basil sitting on the bench waiting to go into the blender, there were no complaints when I served it up with a ricotta gnocchi recipe from Zaar. My toddler loved this too and ate all her dinner with absolutely no protests :-D. Very easy to make.
Wonderful and easy to make! I needed a quick, fresh pesto to put onto Mediterranean Shrimp Wraps and this worked out perfectly!! Thanks for the recipe!!
It's a good pesto still seems high on the calories. I sent in a pesto with similar ingredients except I split the cheese into romano/parmesan blend it cuts the calories to 155 fat to 139 see frozen pesto frozen pesto. I like pesto, this was good.