1/1 Photo of Basil Pesto from Home
This is my Pesto recipe that I have been making for years with basil from my herb garden; now it it from my containers on my patio.I used in many recipes always ready for me in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using your processor pulse the basil, garlic and pine nuts.
- 2Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on.
- 3Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- 4Add the grated Parmeasn cheese and lemon juice; pulse again until blended.
- 5Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Store pesto in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week, or in the freezer for about six months.
- 7Keep it looking fresh and green by covering the top with a thin layer of olive oil or with a sheet of plastic wrap directly on its surface; this will keep it from oxidizing and turning brown. If your pesto darkens in color, it will still taste good.
- 8I freeze it by dropping Tablespoons of it on a parchment paper, freezing it and storing in a zip lock bag in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Pesto from Home
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1193.8
- Calories from Fat 1058
- Total Fat 117.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 1935.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 28.9 g