Recipe by Kat
A bright, fresh flavor to a traditional dish. If you like pasta, you'll like quick, easy-to-make couscous.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1⁄4 cups broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add couscous, butter and salt.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Topping: In a blender, blend all topping ingredients except the parmesan.
- (Alternately, use a ready made basil pesto).
- Cook blended mixture (pesto) in a pan until warm/hot.
- Mix the warm topping mix with couscous.
- Toss with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.