1/2 Photos of Basil Pesto Bread Rounds
This is a great recipe to make with prepared basil pesto, makes a great latenight snack or serve it with a pasta dinner. To save some time you can broil/toast the bread slices in advance. If you prefer a lot of topping on the rounds just double the pesto mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g French baguette (cut into about 1/2-inch slices, purchase the long thin loaf for this)
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml prepared basil pesto (purchased or homemade)
- 14.79 ml fresh minced garlic (or use 2 large cloves, minced or to taste)
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper (optional)
- 1Set oven to broil.
- 2Arrange the bread rounds/slices in a single layer on a cookie or baking sheet.
- 3Broil for about 6-7 minutes or until lightly toasted (watch closely that they do not burn).
- 4Remove then flip the slices so that the toasted side is on the bottom.
- 5Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 6In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, pesto, garlic, Parmesan cheese and salt to taste.
- 7Divide and spread the mixture onto the untoasted tops of each bread slice, then sprinkle lightly with black pepper if desired.
- 8Bake for about 6-8 minutes, just until they bubble and turn golden.
- 9Let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Pesto Bread Rounds
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 775.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g