Recipe by Kathy228
A delicious, easy to make pesto sauce. The addition of salt isn't necessary as the Parmesan adds enough salty taste.
Top Review by julieannroad
This recipe is delicious! My husband is not a pesto fan and he agreed; this is a must make! With our fresh garden tomatoes this was fantastic! Another suggestion: roast or grill potatoes, then toss in this pesto sauce. You will NOT be disappointed.
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the first four ingredients in a food processor.
- Process for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the olive oil in a stream.
- Blend/pulse until desired consistency leaving some texture (don't make it paste-smooth).
- Add water gradually as needed.
- Serve over pasta, chicken, etc.
- You can freeze it in meal-serving containers or individual ice cube-sized blocks. If you need to thin it at any time, use water, NOT more oil.