Recipe by Bonnie Traynor
This is a wonderful lemon-flavored pesto. This was my first taste of pesto and I've never gone back! Update as of 2/13/04 I'm glad that you all like this. I freeze this now and keep it on hand for my spaghetti sauce or others sauces. It freezes great!
Top Review by Llarion
Spicy, zingy, bold, yet full of subtle nuance. Incredibly simple to make, and a little goes a LONG way. I tried it with home grown basil on bowties with some diced sundried tomatos, and YUMMMMM.... Lovely color as well!
- 354.88 ml basil
- 2-5 garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml pine nuts
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 28.39 ml lemon juice
- 28.39 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together in food processor except the oil and lemon.
- Once everything is mixed well, drizzle with lemon and oil.
- Mix until well blended.
- Serve on pasta or just about anything that needs a pick me up.
- Will keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days.