Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice and light pesto sauce that goes perfectly with penne pasta.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a blender, pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, and pepper until finely chopped.
- With the blender still running, gradually add enough oil to form a smooth and thick consistency.
- Transfer the pesto to a medium bowl and stir in cheese. Season the pesto with more salt and pepper, to taste.
- The pesto can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Perfection! This recipe can be made smooth or "chunky."
Delightful, quick, and had everything on hand. How much easier could it get? I used my Magic Bullet, after mixing together garlic, pine nuts, s&p, Parmesan cheese, oil. I blended this together, and added the basil in the end. Perfect! Thanks so much, nickfo! Will use again!