I'm not sure what to say about this except that they have a nice mix of interesting tastes that I just want to share with everyone! I guess you could call them Thai influenced?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cinnamon stick (4-inch)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped coarsely
- 1In a medium saucepan combine chicken broth, cinnamon, bay leaves, ginger root and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 2Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly browned on both sides. Remove pork chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 4Remove bay leaves and cinnamon from chicken broth mixture.
- 5Stir in milk, peanut butter and honey until smooth. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in bell pepper, crushed red pepper, and basil leaves. Continue cooking, uncovered, until sauce thickens slightly.
- 7Spoon the sauce over chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Peanut Butter Chops
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.0
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 240.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 44.4 g