In case you couldn't tell, our farmer's market has had some seriously amazing peaches the last few weeks, so I've been doing a lot of experimenting with them. I made a quick salad dressing for my husband and myself the other day that I really loved. On the flip side, he wasn't a huge fan, but he doesn't like peaches too much so I count my opinion for more and I posted it anyway. (just don't tell him I said that!)
- 1 peach
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil (I have some basil olive oil that worked well for this)
- 7.39 ml basil (fresh chopped works best but dried will do)
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml celery salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml honey (depending on how sweet the peach is you may not need this. I didn't use it when I made mine, but I k)
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the peach.
- Peel the skin off the peach by putting it in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then dunk it in cool water.
- Slice the fruit, and mash it together to make a kind of paste. If you want a less chunky texture you can do this in a food processor or blender. I just squished it with a fork.
- Mix the vinaigrette mixture into the peach until well combined and use as a salad dressing. :).