Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple and nutritious gourmet-style dinner. Easy to prepare, and a delicious mix of flavors, this is sure to please. You can use any type of whole wheat pasta but we prefer to use basil pasta. Pair it with a great white wine and you've got a classic romantic dinner at home.
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat pasta (best with basil pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pesto sauce
- 1 cup organic chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta and drain.
- Return pasta to pot, add olive oil and mix to keep the noodles from sticking.
- Toss noodles with pesto, tuna, and chickpeas until combined and warm.
- Season with black pepper, kosher salt and parmesean cheese.