Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
Very simple but elegant dish. We usually serve this with roasted chicken breasts or pork medallions.
Top Review by dolores in paradise
With all my summer end of tomatoes & basil, this sounded like a good recipe. And for such a easy dish,it is very tasty. Something different for a change. I did add a bit of vodka, red peppers & parmesan. used only 1/2 # linguine. It was just right for the ammount of sauce. thanks Sandy, for a keeper.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed basil leaves, stemmed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and tomatoes. Saute until tomatoes begin to soften. Add cream and cook until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped basil leaves and toss with hot pasta. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan or Asiago.