Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very simple but elegant dish. We usually serve this with roasted chicken breasts or pork medallions.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed basil leaves, stemmed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and tomatoes. Saute until tomatoes begin to soften. Add cream and cook until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped basil leaves and toss with hot pasta. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan or Asiago.
With all my summer end of tomatoes & basil, this sounded like a good recipe. And for such a easy dish,it is very tasty. Something different for a change. I did add a bit of vodka, red peppers & parmesan. used only 1/2 # linguine. It was just right for the ammount of sauce. thanks Sandy, for a keeper.