Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious pesto from Taste of Home. I have used it so many times in so many different ways.....If you can, allow to refrigerate for several hours before using to allow the flavors to blend. (This is not included in recipe time.)
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil or 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; cover and puree until smooth.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta or vegetables, spread on French bread or use in any recipe calling for pesto.
- Can be refrigerated for several weeks or frozen in a tightly covered container. Yield: 3/4 cup.
I used frozen basil and I love this pesto so much! I love there's no pine nuts,which are very hard to find here.Loula's sub is interesting,I'll have to try that too.thanks for sharing.
WOW! This is just outstanding! I made it yesterday with sunflower seeds instead of the cheese and tasted it today before using it for Recipe #281246 and it was sooooooo good! The flavours of parsley and basil blend so well and the touch of garlic really sets it off! This was my first attempt at making pesto myself and Im so glad that you shared your recipe! Made for Went to the Market Tag 2009.