Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Create on crackers, baquettes or mixed in with pasta and chopped tomatos. Freeze leftovers in an ice cube tray so you can use as a mix-in any time.
- 473.18 ml basil leaves
- 78.07 ml pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 78.07 ml olive oil (may need an extra tbsp or two to get it to your preferred consistency)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a food processor, pulse the Basil, Pinenuts & Garlic.
- Add Olive Oil in a stream til mixed.
- Add Cheese, salt & pepper then pulse till mixed.
I chose this recipe because I happened to have 1/3 cup of pine nuts and this recipe has never been reviewed. I toasted my pine nuts and only used half the 1/3 cup of oil I had measured out. This gave me a spreadable consistency which will be perfect to freeze, then add in a little more oil when I use the pesto. The flavour is wonderful and it was a great way to use up some of my basil. Thanks for posting!