Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple and tasty appetizer pastries. :)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (not sour cream substitute)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Using two knives or a pastry blender, cut butter into flour and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs; stir in the sour cream with a fork until incorporated well and you've made a ball of dough.
- Divide the resulting pastry dough into 4 portions; wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix together the cheese, garlic powder, and dried basil; divide into 4 portions.
- Roll each portion of the pastry into a rectangle, about 12x6 inches, on a well-floured board and sprinkle with a portion of the cheese mixture.
- Fold ends to meet in center, forming a square; sprinkle with a portion of the cheese mixture.
- Fold in the previously-folded edges to meet in the center, sprinkle with a portion of cheese mixture, then fold lengthwise in half (as if you were closing a book).
- Flatten the dough lightly, sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture, then fold lengthwise again.
- Cut approximately 3/16-inch slices on the folded edge and place slices on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bring the ends of each slice together to form a fan shape.
- Bake until light brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes about 48 fans, which make nice appetizers.