Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Perfect with Pasta or other Italian dishes
Make and share this Basil Parmesan Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, and whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 2 Tbsp of the cheese In small skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil over moderate heat. Add the basil and cook for 1 minutes; transfer to a small bowl and cool slightly.
- Stir in the yogurt, milk, and remaining 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Add the basil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough until 1/2" thick.
- Using a 2 1/4" biscuit cutter or glass, cut out rounds, gently rerolling the scraps, to form 12 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them 1" apart. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tsp of cheese and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.
Great flavor. However, this dough was so wet I couldn't roll it and would have had to add a lot more flour. Was pressed for time so decided to make drop biscuits, but even for drop biscuits they needed more flour. Next time I'd start with 1 cup yogurt and go from there. They are delicious and so easy, I will try these again as noted. Thanks!
Mmm! I scaled this down and used it as a topping for a basil parmesan chicken pot pie by just rolling it out into a circle and putting it on top of the pie plate. It was very flavorful and different. p.s. I substituted light sour cream for the yogurt and olive oil for the canola oil and it came out great.
These biscuits are awesome! They are very pretty,and gourmet tasting ! This is a keeper..it was so quick and easy to make to! I didn't roll them out and cut with a cutter though, I just made them by dropping small rounded amounts on a greased cookie sheet and they came out perfect.Thanks so much!