Recipe by Carole Reu
Perfect with Pasta or other Italian dishes
Top Review by LonghornMama
Great flavor. However, this dough was so wet I couldn't roll it and would have had to add a lot more flour. Was pressed for time so decided to make drop biscuits, but even for drop biscuits they needed more flour. Next time I'd start with 1 cup yogurt and go from there. They are delicious and so easy, I will try these again as noted. Thanks!
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 9.85 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml dried basil, crumbled
- 473.18 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 14.79 ml milk, 1% lowfat
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, and whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 2 Tbsp of the cheese In small skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil over moderate heat. Add the basil and cook for 1 minutes; transfer to a small bowl and cool slightly.
- Stir in the yogurt, milk, and remaining 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Add the basil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough until 1/2" thick.
- Using a 2 1/4" biscuit cutter or glass, cut out rounds, gently rerolling the scraps, to form 12 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them 1" apart. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tsp of cheese and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.