1/1 Photo of Basil Parmesan Biscuits
Carole Reu's Note:
Perfect with Pasta or other Italian dishes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk, 1% lowfat
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, and whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 2 Tbsp of the cheese In small skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil over moderate heat. Add the basil and cook for 1 minutes; transfer to a small bowl and cool slightly.
- 3Stir in the yogurt, milk, and remaining 1 Tbsp of oil.
- 4Add the basil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- 5Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough until 1/2" thick.
- 6Using a 2 1/4" biscuit cutter or glass, cut out rounds, gently rerolling the scraps, to form 12 biscuits.
- 7Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them 1" apart. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tsp of cheese and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Parmesan Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 346.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g