Recipe by jonesies
Quick and Simple recipe. With a hint of lemon, it compliments almost any entree, or enjoy as a main course. Comes from Light & Tasty.
Top Review by Bev
This is really good pasta! The lemon zest and added squeeze of lemon sends this over the top! I love the basil, lemon and green onion together. It is nice and light with just a hint of Alfredo. I made only 1/2 pound of pasta and used all the sauce ingredients. The basil amount was not listed in the ingredient list, so I used what I thought appropriate, about 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil. This I will definitely prepare again! Thank you, jonesies!
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices lemons
- additional fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on package; drain and return to the pan.
- Add oil; toss to coat.
- Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, onions, basil, lemon peel, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Sprinkle with additional basil.
- Serve with lemon slices.