A simple marinade that makes a wonderfully flavorful and moist chicken. Alternately you can grill the chicken after it marinates. Time does not include marinating.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place in a sealable plastic food storage bag.
- Pour a mixture of the orange juice, canola oil, honey and basil over the chicken, tossing to coat; seal tightly.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, tossing occasionally. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Brown the chicken on both sides in the vegetable oil in a skillet; drain. Arrange the chicken in a glass baking dish. Pour the reserved marinade over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until tender. Serve hot or cold.