Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you do not have fresh basil available, pesto will work in a pinch. Add a heaping tablespoon to the olives and taste. Add more as needed. I like to use a mixture of half black and half green olives.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 16 ounces black olives or 16 ounces green olives
- Mix all ingredients in a jar or container with a lid, add olives and mix.
- Refrigerate at least 12 hours or until flavors have melded.
- Line a plate with lettuce leaves and serve.
Wonderful flavors...love the red pepper flakes for some heat...I made and refrigerated for 36 hours--great taste. Made for CameraLess Chefs07.