Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on salads and in any food that needs basil. Dont heat it, all the flavour evaporates!
- 1 liter virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded fresh basil
- Wash Basil.
- Let basil dry thoroughly and then pat it with kitchen paper to dry it more (very important).
- Put basil in bottles with a GOOD seal (I use german beer bottles with a porcelain, rubber and metal top) and cover with oil.
- Leave for at least 2 weeks.
- Use to flavour pasta, salads, potatoes, etc.
you can use this oil in foccacia bread and add alittle fresh basil too. it is superb on salad, or drizzled onto fresh bread.