1/3 Photos of Basil Mozzarella Burgers
Burgers Italian-style. We love 'em.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese or 4 slices regular mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- fresh basil leaf
Red Sweet Pepper Relish
- 1To make relish: add the relish ingredients to the container of a food processor; cover and pulse until coarsely chopped; cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- 2To make burgers: stir together the onion, bread crumbs, and bell pepper in a mixing bowl.
- 3Add the ketchup, horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper to taste; stir to mix.
- 4Add the ground beef; stir to mix.
- 5Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- 6Grill patties over medium heat for 7 minutes; turn and grill 7-11 more minutes or until done.
- 7Top patties with a slice of cheese during the last 2 minutes or grilling time.
- 8Serve patties on toasted whole wheat buns with red sweet pepper relish and fresh basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Mozzarella Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.9
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Sodium 895.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 33.1 g