Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From foodnetwork.com (adapted).
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Pour the broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the orzo. Cover partially and cook until the orzo is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the orzo and transfer to a large wide bowl. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper and oil in a blender; pour over pasta and mix well.
- Add tomatoes, onion, basil and mint; stir well. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature.