Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can make straight mint or straight basil. Great for pot stickers, spring rolls or add to a dressing for a fruit salad.
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaves, loosely packed or 1⁄8 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed or 1⁄8 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Place honey and mint in a double boiler with water in bottom. Bring water to a boil, and bring honey to 185°F and keep at 185°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Strain while still warm.
- Place in sterilized jars and cap.
- Label and decorate the jar as needed.
I had this exact recipe when I was in Provence served over a poached pear - so simple but so good