Recipe by Jen in Victoria, BC
From http://www.thekitchn.com/. Tastes great in sandwiches, such as a BLT.
- 1⁄4 cup packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or small food processor, combine the basil, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and lemon zest. Do not add the mayonnaise, as this will turn everything to liquid.
- Process until finely chopped and relatively smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. (Large, tough basil leaves will probably stay fairly chunky, which is fine.).
- Place the mayonnaise in a small bowl and whisk in the basil mixture until thoroughly combined. Store in the refrigerator, where it will keep for up to a week, though the color will dull after 2 days.