Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For a little change of pace. Goes well with braised meats. Adapted from an Emeril Lagasse recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with 1 inch of water, season with salt; bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, return to saucepan with butter and milk.
- Once butter melts, turn off heat and add sour cream; mash potatoes.
- Season with more salt, if necessary, and pepper; stir in basil and serve.