Recipe by Divinemom5
Another winery recipe....These mashed potatoes are to die for!
Top Review by Wee Tam and The Big Huge
We canna buy Yukon Gold on this side o the big pond, an ah widna know "kosher salt" if it hit me on the heid, so ah jist used some tatties that ah had in a bin an ah used onion powder for the kosher. They were quite nice with melted butter poured on tap.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cream, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and garlic in small stock pot,cover with water.
- Add 1 tsp of the salt and bring to boil over high heat.
- Cook until tender,about 25 minutes.
- Drain in colander.
- Place basil in bowl of food processor,process until finely chopped,with motor still running.
- Gradually add olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Mash potatoes and garlic using ricer or food mill (gives potatoes a better texture,but if you don't have either,just mash them the usual way!).
- Transfer to large bowl and add cream,basil-oil mixture,the remaining 1 tsp of salt,and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Serve Suggested wines:Cabernet Sauvignion or Pinot Noir.