Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another winery recipe....These mashed potatoes are to die for!
Make and share this Basil Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Place potatoes and garlic in small stock pot,cover with water.
- Add 1 tsp of the salt and bring to boil over high heat.
- Cook until tender,about 25 minutes.
- Drain in colander.
- Place basil in bowl of food processor,process until finely chopped,with motor still running.
- Gradually add olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Mash potatoes and garlic using ricer or food mill (gives potatoes a better texture,but if you don't have either,just mash them the usual way!).
- Transfer to large bowl and add cream,basil-oil mixture,the remaining 1 tsp of salt,and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Serve Suggested wines:Cabernet Sauvignion or Pinot Noir.
We canna buy Yukon Gold on this side o the big pond, an ah widna know "kosher salt" if it hit me on the heid, so ah jist used some tatties that ah had in a bin an ah used onion powder for the kosher. They were quite nice with melted butter poured on tap.
Love potatoes, crazy about basil had to try this Could not find yukon gold potatoes so used sweet potatoes, turn out pretty good. Gonna try just regular Idaho potatoes or red potatoes next time.
This nearly pesto mashed potato dish is VERY easy to make and it’s a flavoursome way to serve mashed potatoes. I doubled the garlic, used 1½ tablespoons of oil and ½ tablespoon of lemon juice, and creamy Greek yoghurt instead of cream, but otherwise followed the recipe. I used my mini processor for processing the basil. Next time, I’m going to add some pine nuts and parmesan, so that this truly is pesto mashed potato! Thank you for sharing this recipe!